Monday 16 September 2013

Mardy Bum

Whilst writing up the treatment for the music video to Video Killed the Radio Star, I realised that the concept was foggy and unclear and I was worried that it might be becoming too complex to execute well. I was looking for the video style of the Arctic Monkeys and so searched one of their songs Mardy Bum into Youtube and discovered that they actually have no video for this song- something which surprised me as the band is well known.

This sparked an idea in my head and so I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and quickly created a storyboard whilst listening to the track on my phone and came up with a treatment which I then pitched to the rest of my group... and they liked it!

We're still deciding if we definitely want to abandon our original idea; I think we should because as well as the idea become less and less clear, the song's original video is also iconic and it would be hard to make a new video which didn't appear to be a copy, but I'm excited to look into this idea and hopefully develop it into the pop promo which we choose to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment