Monday 16 September 2013

A Talk with Emily

Today we had a talk with Emily, a video commissioner from Polydor at Universal Records and she spoke to us about her job and the process which artists go through when creating a music video with Polydor.

She showed us copies of the original presentation of the treatment for Ellie Goulding's music video 'Burn', which Emily was in charge of and she also showed us the treatment for some other music videos.

When I looked at the presentations she showed us, I realised just how detailed they are and when we watched the videos, I realised how much the videos looked like the original idea and I gleaned that this success came from good planning, a clear vision and being realistic.

When planning the treatment for our music video, I'm now going to plan in much more detail to ensure we can produce the video we're all envisaging.


1 comment:

  1. Evident knowledgeable understanding evident of Emily’s talk. You seem to have benefitted with the professional speaker providing information on actual practice. I feel that you would have benefited from using my notes a little more closely to provide detail to this blog post entry.

    ReplyDelete