Monday 20 January 2014

Designing the Digipak

 
This is the cover of our Digipak which I put together. Firstly, we all discussed what style of cover we would like and I then went away and created it.
I drew the doodle design using a black fine liner pen and tried to incorporate ideas which were random as we decided we wanted our cover to be focused on hallucinations. This is why there are irrelevant drawings included in the design such as the mushroom holding the flag, the bird smoking and the cracked eyeball in the centre. As our band are an indie-rock group we thought that this style would suit the style of the band. The alternative style of the artwork clearly connotes the alternative style of the music but the bold use of colour also connotes that the music is upbeat and interesting to listen to. The hand-made aspect of the design reiterates the fact that the band are focused on their music and not the fame. I chose to add the image of the Earth to the design because I think it suited the style of the band. The contrast between the light sphere and the dark sky are more serious looking which was useful because the doodle design could look childish and girly which is not what we were going for.
 
For the back, I chose to put the doodle design but edited it so that the lines are thinner and blue. This makes it look more professional and less cartoon and childish. I kept the idea of the galaxies which I thought was useful when marketing the idea of 'wonderland' - the name of the band. I changed the saturation of the colours to make it more blue and green in order to ensure that the cover is boyish and suits the star image of the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment