Wednesday 26 February 2014

EVALUATION TASK 4: Part 2- Offline Technologies


How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
 
The digital hardware I used in this creative process was:
This is the logo for Final Cut Pro- this was the main editing programme I used to create the video. After we filmed the shots we needed, I edited it together on here. I also used this hardware to add the music to the video and make sure it all matched up properly so that the lip-syncing was accurate. We did this by using a digital clapper on an iPad, we matched the time signature of the clapper to the correct place in the song and this meant that the lip syncing, instrumentals and movements were all accurate.
This is the FS100 which is the camera I used to film the video. It's fairly easy to use once you're used to the controls and has a good quality without being too large to edit on Final Cut Pro. However, saying this, we filmed on this camera in HD then reduced the quality for editing and then put it back into HD afterwards otherwise it would've been too big and made the editing process too slow.
We used the right fixed focal length lens to rotate between shots. For example, the 18,mm we used for a wide angle shot and an 85mm for a close up and we rotated between lenses to get different shots, cut between scenes and therefore get the feeling that there were many scenes going on in the house at once. 
Photoshop is the hardware I used for creating the digipak. I started off by coming up with a design and drawing it by hand. I then scanned it in- another digital tool- and edited the thickness of the lines, the layers and the colouring. I added the title, changed the background and added the production values and list of songs on to the back as well.
Photoshop is one of my favourite pieces of technology as really there are no limits to what you can create and it's a fun process when creating something new.
I used After Effects to de-saturate the colouring of the band section of the video to make it look more gritty- this was something I had originally planned in my research and planning at the beginning of the process and by using After Effects I was able to accurately choose the colouring that I had in my mind's eye.
 

By using digital media technologies I have used technological convergence to ensure that I have produced three products as a part of a successful campaign.  The use of Final cut pro as a piece of editing software has taught me how to select and organise a music video to a very high standard using semi-professional media equipment. The products mentioned above have allowed me to become the prosumer as they’re all readily available to semi or non-professional directors; a key characteristic of the online age I’m experiencing. Making use of these technologies, as I have, and gaining an abundance of skills throughout this process is imperative to being able to create new, interesting and current pieces of work in the ever changing media world.

No comments:

Post a Comment